Sunday, June 2, 2013

Medallion Sew-A-Long Part 2



Here is part two of the Medallion Sew-A-Long over at Humble Quilts.  This time we surrounded the applique block with 3" pinwheels and once again, I decided to use my own method of constructing the 1 1/2" triangle squares, The Angler.  This might be another of my favorite retro tools that I'm so fond of and it didn't disappoint.  Keeping retro, I used the Judy Hopkins Scrap Saver to cut my squares.  More on that in the next post as I'm sure it will come in handy.
 





I like the angler, since my DH is an avid fisherman and I don't have to mark the squares before I stitch them.  The guide on the angler is a much better 1/4" than my sewing machine foot which also helps assure accuracy.

Am I sounding like a teacher??? 







Here are my triangle squares all ready to get trimmed and sewn into squares.

This is so much fun...kudos to Lori and Randy.  I love the scrappy primitive theme of the project.















Finally, here is the only flower blooming in the garden (well, after the daffodils and tulips who only made a brief but courageous appearance this chilly spring).

These are Mrs. Schraml's Columbine, bowing their beautiful blue heads.  She is still with us.

Hope there are lots of beautiful memories blooming in your garden!

Nana

1 comment: