Friday, August 14, 2015

Nana's Summer 2015







This summer we went to Los Gatos, California for my cousin Terry and his wife Linda's daughter's wedding. 




It was a beautiful June day and the reception was outdoors in a park.









                                                               





They left the reception in a shower of flower petals and will make their home in Rapid City.











At an open house at the groom's parents, I was surprised to find the house full of gorgeous quilts.  The one shown here was made for the bride and groom and is the floor of a church in Italy.  How appropriate for the Italian bride who was heading to Italy for the honeymoon.














We headed to San Francisco for a few days  where we took in the sites. 





We especially enjoyed the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park as well as the deYoung Museum. 




What trip would be complete without a stop at a fabric shop. We found this one near Union Square.  One whole floor was devoted to cotton fabrics.












When we got home, I stitched up a quilt for my cousin JoAnne using the Disappearing Hour Glass pattern from the Missouri Star Quilt Company.






The back of the quilt is flannel and it's quilted with stars and loops.





Now I'm just trying to hold onto summer as tightly as I can, enjoying every single day. 

Hope you are having a wonderful summer!


Nana

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I like your blog post.Keep sharing.
    Yahoo helpline

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!
    Customized Gifts Online in India

    ReplyDelete