Friday, November 11, 2011

JOURNEY


Hen & Chick's Studio
On grey Tuesday morning I received news that a good friend and neighbor I had in Iowa lost her son at the age of 35 after a valiant battle with cancer.  My husband and I hurried into the car and headed south.  Our first stop was a quilt shop in Conrad, Hen and Chick's Studio just opened by my friend, Heidi Kaisand.  Although it's a work in progress (and we quilters know what that means) it's quite a wonderful renovation of a building over 100 years old.  Upstairs will be "the nest" where quilters or scrapbookers can sleep, eat and create.  Besides a lovely assortment of fabric, Heidi also stocks wine from a family members Iowa vineyard, scrapbook supplies, jewelry and candy....what more could a woman want?????





Chris & Grant Summer 1977
Then it was on to Des Moines to give  hugs to my friend.  Grant was my son Chris's best friend during their first 4 years.  As we headed home in a heavy rain storm, it seemed that even the skies were crying.

Farewell Grant........

Love,

Nana


The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.  ~Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook







No comments:

Post a Comment